Water Safety & FAQs
To ensure you and your family enjoy each visit to the pool; please take the time to read the information below which contains key information and advice for your safety and enjoyment.
Pool Safe Policy:
- Parents need to adhere to CBay's supervision policy of: Children under 5 supervised within arms reach and children under 8 actively supervised by a parent or guardian over the age of 16. You may be asked to leave the Centre should supervision of your child not be sufficient.
- Walking at all times,
- Reckless behaviour prohibited,
- Ball games are not advised and
- Please listen to lifeguards requests.
- Lane etiquette: Please stay close to the lane whilst swimming and be mindful of the speed in which you swim as there are lanes for all speeds.
- Check depth of pool before entering as the pool depth may change throughout the day. Non swimmers do not go in over your depth. Stay clear of deep water unless you are a confident swimmer.
- Any patrons suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed entry into the venue. Abusive, disruptive, offensive or anti social behaviour and language are not permitted and offenders will be removed from the venue. Please obey the lifeguards directions at all times.
- Please do not block the Centre’s emergency exits with items such as prams, bags and clothing.
- Commercial fast foods, alcohol, glass objects, knives are not permitted in the centre. Visitor's bags may be searched on entry.
- Don’t litter, use rubbish bins provided.
- You are responsible for your valuables at all times, we encourage you to secure your valuables in lockers which are available throughout the centre. We accept no responsibility for lost or stolen belongings.
Q. Can a child under 8 years of age utilise the pool without parent/caregiver supervision?
A. No. It is the law that children must be accompanied by a responsible caregiver over the age of 16 years. Children under 8 years must be actively supervised by a parent/caregiver. Under 5 years must be within arm’s length of their parent/caregiver at all times.
Q. What is the percentage of chlorine in the pool water?
A. The chlorine is made on site at the pool and the strength of our chlorine is only 1%.
Q. How are the germs killed in the pool water?
A. As well as chlorine use, the pool water passes through an ultraviolet process which will eliminate most micro organisms in the pool.
Q. Should I shower before I enter the pool?
A. It is a great practice to shower before you enter the pool as it will eliminate contaminations into the pool such as moisturisers. The less of these contaminations entering the pool will mean that the sparkling blue look of the pool will be retained.
Q. Should I advise staff I have a medical condition?
A. Yes it would be greatly appreciated that the staff are aware that you have a medical condition, this means that staff can cater for your needs and will be aware if assistance is required.